Sunday 29 May 2016

our government wants us dead!



Do our governments want us dead?

    I have had reasons to think what the reason is really why our government does not care much about us, why do they not give a damn about our well being. This is not because of the recent fuel pump price increase. No, not at all. I happened to read George Orwell’s ‘’1984’’ recently, and was appalled by one of his accusations against government. He claims that the government uses war and death to cut down the population of its citizens. In other words, Orwell tries to say that the governments are actually happier when its citizens die in numbers. This piece is not meant to confirm the truity of Orwell’s  claim but to examined the claim vis- a- vis the following the scenario.


 

 A MAN COOKING ALONG THE ROAD


   Does the government care about what we eat? Sir, in every parts of Lagos’ highways, dusty and stinking sometime, are people who prepare what people would buy and eat. I see people frying buns, yams, meat with oil, and even coking soup on the dusty roads. But interestingly nobody care about how safe such foods are. In fact, government agents are sometimes seen giving ticket or collecting bill from them. Though I am not a science student, but my little kitchen experience tells me that oil traps dust. Is the foods cooked in those conditions safe for consumption? Who cares!
 Image result for picture of a phone user
 PHONE USERS

   When cell phones came into Nigeria few years ago while we were still in the village, people were so cautious about its handling. I remember phones users were advised then to use protective plastic to shield the ray from the phones getting into their exposed skin directly. But today who cares. I see everybody going about with enlarged phones, cell phones as wide as the 1980s television screens. When these phone users slap their cheek with these phones while making or receiving call, doesn’t anything interact with their skin? Like I said earlier, sir, I am not a scientist, just a concern Nigerian
. Image result for picture of a high power electric wire
 A HIGH POWERLINE



   Lastly, sometimes this week I was at Ikotun-Igando junction/ roundabout buying something for my family, suddenly there was a spark from the nearby transformer. People screamed as sparkles of light went up. I was scared. I tried to run, but I looked up to see where the light came from, and where to run if there was need to do so. What I discovered sir, was that high tension wires were directly on top of our heads. If a pole falls, or one of the high tension wires cave in, hundreds of people would be dead and more injured. My questions are do our governments travel the same roads with us? Do they actually know what we face? Do they eat what we eat? If yes, then they actually want us dead.
OHIMAI DANIEL, LAGOS.

No comments: