Friday 2 February 2024

Should a pastor play BABAIJEBU?

I know to so many, the emphatic answer would be a resounding No. Before you decide you answer listen to this true life story.
A pastor friend was going through the heat of poverty. One of the days, he got into fasting. His decision was 'i will not see the sun for three days until God change my situation.' After three days of rigorous praying, he came and broke his fast. About few hours later, a young man who stayed in the neighborhood was passing by, and jokingly told him "bro two sure dey o." He smiled at the young man, and he left. My pastor friend has never played babaijebu before, and till date he did not intend to play. But the surprise there was that by the next day, that same young man won over N10m. 
My friend told me this story when, one day, I was so critical of those who play this game. His question and mine today is 'what really happened? Was that incidence a coincidence?' Your guess is as good as mine. Your contribution to this discussion would be highly appreciated 

No comments: