Thursday 18 August 2016

WHAT GOD CANNOT TELL YOU




                             WHAT GOD CANNOT TELL YOU

I recently stumbled on an interview granted a very notable Nigerian Evangelistic and charismatic pastor by a Nigerian newspaper. If the Nigerian daily newspaper was right, the pastor gave a detailed account of how he thought God was calling him, or rather asking him to separate from his formal ministry.
     In his account, he explained how God gave him a dream where he appeared taller and his chest wider than his pastor’s, and another great Nigerian holiness preacher. In the pastor’s explanation, God was simply showing him that he would be greater than those preachers.
   In my blog post ‘’how to be great before God’’, I explained that greatness is not synonymous with performance, and that greatness is not decided now. So there is no way God would pre-determine greatness. That post is recommended for every child of God.
   Today, as a matter of follow up, we shall consider WHAT GOD CANNOT TELL YOU. Very few things people of God claim that God tell them are going to be looked at, and why I thing and know that God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, cannot tell anyone such things.
 GOD CANNOT TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE GREATER OR WOULD BE GREATER THAN A KNOWN PERSON.
It is quite possible for to tell His child of the extent He (God) would used such a person, and possibly use another Minister as a yardstick; but He cannot not tell you that you would be greater than the person. Please know that PERFOMANCE is not GREATNESS (check my post ‘’how to b great before God). The reason is that God does not compare, and it would be wrong of God to sow the seed of comparison in His child heart (cons. 2cor. 10:12). God could possibly also tell His child that he would be greater than one of the father of faith who is no more, but not of somebody alive. The reason is same as stated above.
    Dream, it should be noted here, is 90 percent what goes on in our minds; not really that God is speaking to us (cons .Eccl. 5:3). If you dream that you are greater than another person, check your thought. Have you not been thinking so lately? The best thing to do in such circumstance would be to ask God to cleanse you because the seed of pride has been sown.
   Once, I had repeated dream of immorality. Anytime I woke up from the dream, I bound and loosed. But the dream persisted, not until I decided to confess lost. That was the end of that dream. Praise God!
GOD CANNOT SHOW YOU THE PERSON FIGHTING YOU SPIRITUALLY
   I was once troubled by a dream where I saw my mom chasing me angrily from the house repeatedly. I always woke up from that dream with tears. On several occasions I cried for God to take the dream away, but to no avail. ‘What does God want me to do, if my mom is my problem, if He cannot help me?’’ , that was always my complaint and question. The ugly dream lasted until I made a conscious effort to understand the timing of the dream. After much effort, and several years of the dream, I came to discover a link between one of my sinful acts then and the dream. I repented of the sin, and that was the end of the dream.
    Dreams are always symbolic. My mom in my dream was simply the symbol of love because at that time, she was the only one I had in the world. God was using that dream to inform me that if my mom could turn against me, He could do likewise when I continue in my sinful act.
   I have heard stories of people killing their parent because of my kind of dream. Why would God tell you who are troubling you? What will you do about it? Kill the culprit? That can’t be my God.  The much MY FATHER would do is to tell you there is a war to fight, no more no less. The battle is His (2 Chron. 20:15).
   See you on the winning side!
    

No comments: